Monday, June 1, 2009
This week, we’ll be giving away pairs of special VIP tickets to a few of the upcoming (RED)NIGHTS concerts – The Veronicas, Matisyahu, Santigold and Lisa Hannigan. It’s our VIP Sweepstakes where you can win tickets to a great show, and also have a chance to hangout with the band. (RED)NIGHTS is a concert series that saves lives. 26 incredible shows in the US to raise money and awareness about AIDS in Africa, a preventable and treatable disease.
Starting on Tuesday, June 2nd and running through this Friday, June 5th, we’ll be giving away these special VIP tickets on Facebook and Twitter to the following US-based shows:
- The Veronicas at the House of Blues in New Orleans on June 12th
- Matisyahu at The Wiltern in Los Angeles on June 16th
- Santigold at the House of Blues in Dallas on June 18th
- Lisa Hannigan at the Gramercy Theater in NYC on June 19th
The Sweepstakes are taking place on Facebook and Twitter only so you’ll need to Fan us or Follow us to participate.
- Starting on Tuesday 2nd through Friday 5th, we’ll be giving away a pair of VIP tickets to a (RED)NIGHTS show daily.
- Each day we’ll let you know what tickets we’ll be giving away on that day. You’ll have until 11:59 PST on that day to enter to win.
- To enter, make sure you are a follower of @joinred and then simply send us an @reply or just RT with the message for the day (it’ll be different each day). We’ll select a winner who'll get a pair of tickets from all the @reply Tweets and Re-Tweets we receive from the time we announce up until 11:59pm PST on that day.
- Starting today, we’ll announce a special event on Facebook for each of the 4 upcoming (RED)NIGHTS shows.
- You’ll need to be a Fan of (RED). Then simply RSVP to the (RED)NIGHTS event you’d be interested in attending. You’ll have until 11:59pm PST on Friday, June 5th to submit your RSVP.
- Each lucky winner receives a pair of VIP tickets from all the Fans who RSVP ‘YES’ to the specific (RED)NIGHTS events.
What you need to know…the rules:
- You’ll need to be a (RED) fan on Facebook or following us on Twitter (or both if you’d like to double your chances)
- Winners receive a pair of VIP tickets that provide access to the show and a chance to meet the band.
- No transportation or travel arrangements are being provided – it’s just the tickets and the good times at the show.
- To be eligible you need to live in the US city or surrounding areas where the show is playing and you need to be a certain age:
- New York show: 16 years old or over and live in New York City, Nassau, Suffolk or Westchester in New York State; Bergen County, New Jersey; or Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- Los Angeles show: 13+ and live in City of Los Angeles or the following California counties: Ventura, Kern, San Bernardino, Riverside or Orange
- Dallas show: 13+ and live in City of Dallas or the following Texan counties: Ellis, Johnson, Tarrant, Denton, Collin, Rockwall or Kaufman.
- New Orleans show: 13+ and live in City of New Orleans or the following Louisiana counties: Saint Bernard, Plaquemines, Jefferson or Saint Tammany
- Once named, winners need to fill in an eligibility confirmation and release form before receiving the tickets.
- Check out the Sweepstakes Rules for Twitter and for Facebook for full details. By entering you are accepting the Sweepstakes Rules.
If you are that special someone who wins, we’ll send you a Direct Message on Twitter to let you know or message you on Facebook. We'd love to show up at your door with cameras and all but Ed McMahon wasn’t available.
So, that’s it in a nutshell. Be sure to check out the Sweepstakes rules for Facebook and Twitter - by entering you are accepting the 'Sweepstakes Rules.'
Good luck. And please help us spread the word.
Official sweepstakes rules: Twitter and Facebook
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Check out the new video that our Special Edition partner Girl Skateboard has created for (RED). Art Director Andy Jenkins and pro skater Mike Carroll talk about what working with (RED) means to them and how they hope to raise awareness of the AIDS crisis in Africa just by doing the things they do everyday – skating and designing boards. In Andy’s words “it’s pretty cool that something that we do on a day to day basis can help people in Africa with HIV and AIDS get the medicine they need.”